Thursday, July 10, 2008

IPHONE 3G DISASTER

As I am typing this, AT&T is burning me.

I am on hold with AT&T right now waiting to inform them how totally screwed they are.

Let me tell you my story:

Two weeks ago, I was told by AT&T that ANYONE could by the iPhone 3G for the $199 (8 gig) or the $299 (16 gig) price. No matter what. I was told you didn't need to be eligible for an upgrade.

One week ago, I was told sorry, Apple changed the rules. (yeah, right!). Now I am told the only people who can get the iPhone for this price are:

1. old iPhone users
2. people due for a phone upgrade
3. or non AT&T customers

Everyone else will have to pay $499 (8 gig) and $599 (16 gig).

So I called last week and complained. A supervisor told me that she would give me a complimentary upgrade so I could get the iPhone at a normal price. Thank God. Finally someone who cares about me.

NOW I AM ON THE PHONE FINDING OUT THAT THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE IS GETTING A COMPLIMETARY UPGRADE FOR THE IPHONE.

I am a long paying customer and AT&T is not taking care of me. The cell phone industry has reached it's lowest point. There is no more customer service or loyalty to your customers.

I am not angry because I can't get an iPhone tomorrow. I am angry on being lied to, misinformed, and not treated like a customer should be.

I have just hung up the phone and I am waiting for the escalations department to call me within 24 hours. I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: