Thursday, July 31, 2008

IPHONE 3G DISASTER - PART IV


I am feeling way better now that the iPhone is having major problems.

Most of you have been following my iPhone frustrations. I am the only one that has to pay $499 for my iPhone if I want one because I am an unloved AT&T customer that isn't due for a phone upgrade until January. So I have to pay the "hell will freeze" over price of $499, if I want one.

Well, it seems that the discount $299 price might not be worth it either from what I am hearing.

Let's look at the problems:

1. 3G speeds aren't true 3G speeds. They are somewhere between what they are right now (EDGE speed) and what they claimed they should be. It still takes a while to load an internet page.

2. Can't run any applications in the background of the iPhone. So basic software that notifies you of a stock market boom is not in the near future. This is probably not an iPhone feature due to problem #3.

3. HORRIBLE LIFE ON THE BATTERY. I would have to see for myself, but the guys over at TechCrunch keep complaining about battery life being very short and I tend to believe them. It doesn't take much to impress TechCrunch guys, but it takes a lot to irritate them.

4. White iPhones are cracking. That's right. There are many cases out there that are showing cracks as you can see from the image above. That's not good since they aren't even a month old. More stories are coming in. I am curious about how the black models are holding up.

5. Unable to capture video was a surprise on this iPhone. My toaster can capture video. Also, the camera is still 2 megapixel. Wow. What's up with that???

As I am impatiently waiting to buy my iPhone in January (SIX WHOLE MONTHS!!!), I am at least getting some relief by people having a miserable time with the iPhones they have.

as Nelson would say on the Simpsons: HA! Ha!

No comments: