Monday, December 31, 2007

My hosting company is getting greedy

Lunarpages.com is a hosting company that I have used for years. They truly have been good to me. They have a great price and great customer support.

I am starting to feel a shift in the love from my hosting company. Let me explain.

Lunarpages has an affiliate program that is very generous. If you bring someone to Lunarpages via your own website and the new customer signs up for a mandatory year of hosting then you get a check for $65. I don't think even GoDaddy.com does that.

I immediately brought Lunarpages two new customers and I was paid immediately. I then decided to put a Lunarpage's animated ad on my website www.TheBestSauces.com to hopefully send more business to Lunarpages which in turn would put more money in my pocket.

Lucky me. I just recently sent someone else to Lunarpages, but this time, I never received a check. This new customer was a friend of mine and I know she signed up for one year.

So I wrote them and said, "HEY. where's my money?" I come to find out that my friend used a $20 coupon that Lunarpages gave my friend. Once you use that coupon it negates the affiliate program payment.

Now I am frustrated. They said the only way for me to get my $65 is to have her cancel the coupon and have her pay the $20. Then they could Issue me a check. The problem is that I never told my friend I was making money off her and now I have to explain the whole thing. So I did. I told her that I would give her the $20 from my $65.

So everything is finally fixed, right? Wrong!

I still have not received my money and it's been over two months. I finally wrote again and now they are telling me that they have a threshold of $195 before they will cut a check.

ARE YOUR TELLING ME I AM NOT GETTING MY MONEY??!!!!

Well, I just fired off a letter to Lunarpages telling them to override their little scam.....ERRRRR.....threshold and pay me the money. I told them that I live one mile away from their offices (which I really do) and I can come by and pick up the check if they want me to.

Now if they don't cut me a check, then I am going to bring a video camera with me down to their offices and I will show you how this unfolds. This could be exciting. Of course if this does get exciting then I must rename the blog "All That Excites!" and who the heck wants to read a happy blog. Bad idea.

to be continued......

Update 1/4/08

Lunarpages wrote me back and told me that they would waive the threshold this one time and they are sending me a check right away. The also said that they have an unbelievable basic plan. For $6.95 a month you get 1500 GB storage and 15,000 GB bandwidth. That is a great deal.

This is why I will stay a customer for years to come.

No comments: