Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas lights. Why bother now?

If you had been standing in my front yard yesterday, you would have seen three of my neighbors putting Christmas Lights on their house.

IT'S DECEMBER 16TH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!
Why bother. In exactly 9 days they will need to be taken down.

I know some people leave them up until New Years Day, but why? As soon as the last present is yanked out from under the tree, Christmas is officially over!

The last thing I want to see is a tree that is half dead with no gifts left. How depressing is that.
If I am going to risk my life climbing on top of the roof to put lights up, I better get my money's worth. I say put them up December 1st. You get a whole month to enjoy them.

I hope everyone enjoys Christmas and please teach your kids the real meaning of Christmas. It's not about us. It's about Jesus.

We sometimes forget the reason for the season as we fight for the last $98 HD-DVD player sitting on the shelf.

No comments: