Friday, December 28, 2007

$10 for a Canon HV20 Camcorder

Do you know how many people will read this blog just because I have titled this blog "$10 for a Canon HV20 Camcorder"?

Do you know how many people would send me $10 for my camera, which I really don't even own?

Do you know how many people would not bother fighting me for a refund?

Do you know how much time and money it would cost people to fight me for a refund?

Do you know how many people are doing this internet scam?

If you don't believe me then go to Nextag.com or Bizrate.com or even Google's Froogle.com and check it out. Type in any electronic device and see for yourself. You will see tons of deals too good to be true. Usually the unbelievable deals are from stores you've never heard of. They are scams and yet people keep sending them money.

I just bought a magnifying lamp for doing watch repairs. I bought it from a company called Grizzly Industrial, Inc. I read some okay reviews on Amazon.com and didn't see anything really bad about them. So I put it on my Kaboodle wish list.

On Christmas morning I open up my new lamp and it was in a million pieces. So I began the painful process of trying to get my money back. They dragged their feet for days and now I am just disputing it with my credit card company.

Now if you go to Amazon.com and do a search for that same lamp you will see a bunch of people complaining about broken product from this company. There is one person who has been trying to get a refund for two weeks. He will probably give up and let Grizzly keep his $50.

Remember, as long as we allow people to get away with internet scams like this, it will continue. So when your shopping the internet, make sure you know the vendor. Make sure you use a credit card. Using your PayPal is not always a protected way of purchase. Make sure you fight for your refund if your not completely satisfied, even if it's $10.

ResellerRatings.com is a website that you can check on retailers to see if they are reliable or not before you buy.

Have you been scammed already on the internet? If so, how?

No comments: