Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Twitter isn't my thing.

So I am in the bathroom reading my INC magazine and their is an article on Twitter. It's says "Twitter - total brilliance or utter nonsense?"

For those of you who don't know what Twitter does, it's like AIM, but shorter. It's a quick snippet of a thought that you can send to everyone you know.


For example, let's say I am watching an amazing show on National Geographic. I can send out or Twitter everyone that I am watching this show. It will go to everyone in my network. People will be on the train or bus reading my Twitter.

Here is what I don't get. Why would you Twitter. You look at your Twitter page and all your friends are sending brief messages around the clock. It's like being in Chat rooms all over again and it's non stop.

I don't have time to listen to a bunch of Twittering going on all day around the clock. I don't want it going to my phone. I can barely keep up with AIM and regular phone calls. Why add another thing to my life.

I have a home phone, cell phone, AIM account, iChat, text messaging on my phone, a Facebook page, MySpace page, Linkedin page, web page, and three blogs on Blogger that I can't even keep up with. Ooops. Sorry. I just started a fourth blog called My Company Sucks.

I can barely breath. I think I am in overload. If I didn't have my crackberry in my hand I would choke myself.

Twitter isn't for me and I can't imagine who would need it. Okay. I thought of someone. The person at your company who answers the phones all day and does nothing. Or even the person who has no life and tries to avoid work by cruising the net. That's almost next to nobody.

Evan Williams was brilliant when he made Blogger. I think he missed the mark when he made Twitter. I do however look forward to what he has up his sleeve next.

No comments: