Monday, March 17, 2008

BOYCOTT TARGET!!!!

My friend Adam told me that he bought his son a three-in-one table top game (pool, hockey, ping pong).

Now I think those three-in-ones are eye sores, but he wanted his son to have one and that's his prerogative.

So Adam told me a week later that he realized it was too big and he really had no place to set it up in his house. It's brand new and still in the box. The only problem was that Adam couldn't find the receipt. He took it to Target to see if he could return it for a store credit.

Target said that any item over $20 must have a receipt even for store credit.

Now I remember last year Target gave me store credit for something over $20 and let me pick something else out. Target says that this return policy has been like this for 10 years. Now I know they are lying.

I called the corporate office and complained. They gave me the same story. I told them that Walmart takes back products with no complaints and so does Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

I told the lady that I was going to blog about this unfair return policy and ask everyone to boycott Target. She got really frustrated and dismissed herself from the phone conversation. Her name was Amber and she was no help at all.

There are rare occasions when you don't have a receipt. When the product has a target price tag on it and Target currently sells the item and it's sealed in the box, well then the product should be able to be returned for store credit.

As of today, I will no longer be buying from Target. I just pulled my prescriptions from target. Thank God, too. They begged me for my prescription business and then always took 30 minutes to fill the prescriptions.

I also buy all my DVDs, video games, and music from Target. Not any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same sort of problem. My mother bought her grandson a stroller my wife and I had put on our registry in November. She gave us the stroller in January during the baby shower. My wife decided to buy a different style stroller and we attempted to take it back. The first visit back to Target they told my wife the item was over $20 and we needed a receipt. This was before the ninety days had expired, however no one told us about the ninety day policy. The next visit was after our child was born, Feb. 28. We did not go before because my wife was on bed rest only, pregnancy condition. Once we returned and got all the information that was given to my mother after the internet purchase, they told me I didn't have a receipt. We had to go on to Target.com under my mother's account and request a receipt. Apparently when you make an internet purchase you don't receive an official "receipt". Finally when I got to the part when I could print a receipt I was told it has been over ninety days "Sorry". I asked to talk to the manager "Bobbi". Bobbi came over and asked "what's the problem". How dare me to ask for the manager about a problem. Bobbi told me it has been over ninety days that is our policy we can't help you. She gave me a post card that had an 800 number on it. I walked outside and called the number. I should have know, a man answered the phone hardly able to speak English. I guess I was calling another country, much like Dell. After trying to explain the story to him I was transferred to his boss which was another foreign person but at least I could understand him. He was nice to speak with and finally I was transferred to his supervisor, Mike. After explaining the entire story and obtaining a Reference number Mike told me there was nothing he could do to help me. I could not return the product. I asked for Mike's last name and he said he would not give it to me, his protection. The entire experience the supervisors employed by Target were very unsympathetic and acted like they really didn't care. I along with my mother will never shop at Target. I never seem to have this type of problem with other stores. So the next time you have a gift from Target remember if it is over twenty dollars ask the person for a receipt and get to the store before the ninety day dead line. If not you are stuck with the product even it is unopened Good luck.