Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hell No - We Won't Go.

I can remember the exact day I had my movie revelation.

I was on a date night with my wife, Tammy. We are standing in line at AMC movie theater to see Bad Boys 2 and at that moment I realized it cost me $22 to get in.

I then asked Tammy if she wanted something from the snack bar while we were waiting to be let into the theater. it seem that it takes 5 teenagers 20 minutes to clean the theater and still there is crap on the floor, but that is another post.

I was about ready to buy a large coke for $5 and a popcorn for $5 and a box of candy for $2.50. This would have brought my date night to a total of $34.50.

Then it hit me. Why am I paying $34.50 to watch a movie that I am going to pay $14.95 for the DVD at Circuit City in 5 months.

So now I have to make a choice. I can pay $34.50 to watch a movie and walk out with nothing or pay $14.95 and own the movie FOREVER and play it as much as I want for my friends and family. Hmmmmm........This truly was a no brainer. We got a refund on our tickets and we will never go back.

Even if I hate the movie when I buy it on DVD I still saved $19.55 with an option of trading it in to the video store for credit or selling it on Ebay.

In addition, Hollywood has been putting out crap movies for years. I see better writing on TV. Why would I pay that much money to see a movie and walk out with nothing in my hand. That's like going through the Mcdonald's drive-thru and ordering a Big Mac. Once you pay for your food the guy in the window holds up the burger so you can see it, but never gives it to you. Then you drive home.

Stop wasting your money at the movie theater. Especially since Apple TV will be delivering movies in HD to your home for as low as $4.99. That' right $4.99 HD movies. Of course, that's another post.

No comments: