Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Press "0" to be disconnected

I just got off the phone with Washington Mutual Bank. I spent 10 minutes trying to get a real person.

My debit card allows me to spend $7000 in one day.
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING. Like I need to have a limit of $7000 a day. So I called WAMU to lower my limit.

I tried to use their automated phone system to change my limit, but then never offered what I needed, so I did the next best thing. I pressed "0".

The recording told me I made an incorrect entry. So I pressed "0" again. They continued to tell me I have made an incorrect entry. I then started pounding the 0 like it's a video game button. The recording finally says I am sorry you have made an incorrect entry. Please call back later. Then it disconnects me.

I was now livid. So I quickly learned to play the automated game. Then only way to reach someone is act like you are going to spend money. So I chose the "open a long term CD" option. Wow. You'll never guess what happens next. I got a voice immediately. Well I'll be darned.

I then proceed to rip this person a new one. I told her that I have three business accounts with WAMU and they had better put in an entry fur customers to speak with a representative or I am pulling everything from WAMU and going to another bank.

Now get ready for this. She apologizes and tells me that all I had to do to speak with a representative was to......................... wait for it ......... press 0#0# and I would have been sent directly to a representative.

HOLY CRAP. I ALMOST BUSTED A BLOOD VESSEL. FORGIVE ME GOD, BUT HOW IN THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT. IT WASN'T ONE OF THE OPTIONS.

I am getting all worked up AGAIN just writing this.

Anyway, for those of you who bank with WAMU, press 0#0# to get through to someone on the national 800#. IN FACT, I ADVISE YOU TO ALWAYS BYPASS THE AUTOMATED SYSTEM NO MATTER WHAT.

If your calling your local branch just press option #3.

your welcome.

3 comments:

The Gem said...

I just tried the 0#0# option after being stuck in the phone system for 20 minutes. That didn't work, i still got hung up on. So i'm guessing the rep lied to you just for some reason.

What i did was choose the option to "OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT" and when someone got on the phone, i asked to be transferred to Customer service for existing accounts.

The Gem said...

I just tried the 0#0# option after being stuck in the phone system for 20 minutes. That didn't work, i still got hung up on. So i'm guessing the rep lied to you just for some reason.

What i did was choose the option to "OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT" and when someone got on the phone, i asked to be transferred to Customer service for existing accounts.

Jack Scalfani said...

This post was done a year ago. Their system may have changed. Thanks for the updated info.