Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MOBILE ME, IS NOT MOBILE AT ALL


I could not get my iCal events from Apple's new Mobile Me to my iPhone. I went to the live chat customer support and here is how the conversation went. It's pretty bad:

  • You are chatting with Jerry F, a MobileMe Support Representative
  • Hi, my name is Jerry F. Welcome to Apple!

  • Jack Scalfani: hi

  • Jerry F: Thanks for contacting MobileMe support.

  • Jack Scalfani: can you help me?

  • Jerry F: Hello, I'm looking over the information you provided.

  • Jack Scalfani: k

  • Jerry F: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

  • Jerry F: Have you been able to get any information onto the iPhone from MobileMe?

  • Jack Scalfani: yes. email and contacts

  • Jerry F: OK. Let me take a look at a couple of things.

  • Jerry F: Do you get any errors?

  • Jack Scalfani: Last night I placed an appointment on Wed. Oct.29th on my ical on the mac. It made it to mobile me but never went to my phone. No errors.

  • Jerry F: ok. Has it ever uploaded calendar events to the iPhone?

  • Jack Scalfani: no.

  • Jack Scalfani: my push is on.

  • Jerry F: ok. One moment please.

  • Jack Scalfani: where does it tell my mobile me what my phone number is or where to send the info? where are my phone settings that tell my phone where to get the info?

  • Jack Scalfani: can you help me or not?

  • Jerry F: I'm looking into the information you provided.

  • Jerry F: From your Mac

  • Jerry F: open System Preferences

  • Jerry F: then MobileMe

  • Jerry F: select the sync tab

  • Jack Scalfani: why are we going there. My info is already going to mobile me from my mac.

  • Jack Scalfani: that part is fine. it's got to be settings in the mobile me or iphone area.

  • Jerry F: do you have calenders selected?

  • Jack Scalfani: YES

  • Jerry F: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

  • Jerry F: I'll be right with you.

  • Jack Scalfani: I have to leave soon. Could we please give me some support?

  • Jerry F: I'll do everything possible to resolve this for you.

  • Jack Scalfani: This conversation has been over 20 minutes long and has been absolutely useless. I will be canceling my mobile me free trial. This is the worst non support I have ever received.

No comments: