Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas - 364 days and counting


Well it never fails.

Everyone feels it for a slight moment. That sadness of no presents under the Christmas tree and the realization that it's all over.

You turn off the Christmas music. Your stomach is about ready to burst because you had to much turkey or lasagna or whatever your family pigs out on. Half the relatives are asleep on the couch and the other half are planning what they will do tomorrow.

Tomorrow is interesting. People will be once again flocking to the stores as early as possible to exchange a gift for something else, or something better or something bigger since they gained 15 lbs. in the past 48 hours.

I really was surprised to get an XBOX 360 for Christmas. As you remember from my earlier blog, my son waited all night for xbox 360 and the person in front of him got the last one. The wierd thing is that the person infront of him didn't have enough money so the manager gave him 10 minutes to go to the bank and didn't let my son buy it. Well the story gets stretched from here on out. I was told that the guy came back with 3 minutes to spare and we didn't get the xbox 360. What really happened was that the guy didn't make it back in time and my son got to buy the last one. Then he watched his old man almost cry when I opened up the present this morning. He got me good.

There is something to say about holding the most saught after gift of the year, knowing that thousands of people want it and have the money to get it, but it's not available.

So back to the fact that it's over. I wonder what next year will bring. Maybe it will be a Furby that speaks spanish. We could use one of those here in California. That would sell better than Dora the Explorer. Or maybe the Playstation 2.5 since we all know that the PS3 won't be ready when they said it will so they will once again redisign the Playstation 2 and call it 2.5.

By the way, the xbox 360 is amazing. it's crystal clear HD images are absolutely amazing. My son and I partnered up and played "Perfect Dark Zero". We played for three solid hours and it felt like 20 minutes. We kept saying, "okay. we will stop here and play more tomorrow", but then we kept starting a new mission.

I miss Christmas already, but I also can't wait to huck my tree out the front door and get back to same old life I had before Holloween.

I will be staying in a cabin in Big Bear for the New Years. I will tell you all about it when I get back.

Please be safe and have a safe and Happy New Year!!!

No comments: