Saturday, July 05, 2003

It's illegal. No. It's legal, but it's still illegal!


Here I am recovering from 4th of July. My shoulders are burnt from the sun, my son's chin got burned slightly due to a stray hot cherry from a sparkler, my street looks like a war zone.

In lovely Buena Park, CA they outlawed any and all fireworks and that really pissed people off. I thought it was great. This way I didn't have to worry about my house burning down because of some punk kids misusing the fireworks.

then people signed a pettition and the fireworks were allowed again. Friggen lovely. So Now we are back to worrying. I am over a friends house when I see smoke billowing up from a house on the next block. I know this is not a firework. It was pure thick black smoke and it was huge.

I drive over to the next street and thank god there were people already there putting the fire our. A firework landed in the back yard and fire started in a pile of plastic and wood.

So now we put the fire out and we are driving home. I must have seen 400 illegal fireworks shooting up into the air from all streets in all direction. Not just bottle rockets. I mean exploding in many different colors.

Then I get home and there are tons of people I don't know on our street because their town doesn't allow them to set off fireworks. Now people are lighting fireworks and tying them to ballons and letting these burning flames fly over homes.

There must have been 1000 illegal fireworks by our house. Any way you look you saw the sky exploding. It sounded like Iraq.

the noise didn't stop until about midnight. While everyone was asleep a fire was burning in the city of valencia. Right next to Six Flaggs Magic Mountain. I hope all is all right this morning.

To top off the whole miserable night I come to find out Barry White passed away yesterday. May he rest in peace.

See you soon, Barry.